Friday, June 12, 2009

Of All The Things That I Have Lost...Part Deux

Of All The Things That I Have Lost...Part Deux


I could begin this post by reporting my Moron Moment when I was shopping for the
ingredients for this salad.

I could tell you that I grabbed some already-shredded
angel hair cabbage, eyeballed it and decided I needed four bags to make up the six cups
required.

I could tell you of my consternation when I realized two bags was
all I really needed.

I could tell you that I'm really the only one out of my household of
fluctuating three-to-six members who will even eat cole slaw or any cabbage
derivative.

And--

I could tell you about the smell of the unused bags of cabbage
slaw when I discovered them tucked away in the meat bin (where I always hide the veggies-doesn't everyone?) over a week later.

But I won't.





Red, White and Blue Slaw Salad
(from Marcy@Allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:

12 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
6 cups shredded cabbage (I used angel hair cabbage)
1 cup cole slaw dressing (I used Marzetti's)
1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (may cut in half)

Method:


In a large bowl, combine the bacon, cabbage and dressing. Mix well.
Sprinkle with cherry tomatoes and blue cheese. Refrigerate and serve chilled.



No comments: