Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pretty Is As Pretty Does III

HolyCrapTheseReallyAreAmazing Cookies

(by Susan of Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy)

Well, I've really done it this time.

In a recent post, at the end of a long and tiresome day, I
waxed eloquent about the appearance of sloppy joes, describing
them as the color of dog poop.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

I went right out and managed to find something the same glorious hue.
I feel like a moron.

BUT...(don'tcha love ellipses...? I do)
These are soooooo good, they are giving the standard** chocolate-oatmeal-
sugar type of no-bake cookie a run for their money.
If cookies actually have currency, which I doubt. We all know
they have no sense of self-control, no self-discipline--
no, wait, that's me. Nevermind.

Anyway, if you can get past the color of these things, they are
mahvelous, darlink.

Just close your eyes, take a big bite, and sigh contentedly.


HolyCrapTheseAreAmazing Cookies
by Susan of Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy


Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup

1 jar (l8 oz) peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
6 cups corn flakes (not frosted flakes)
3 oz. good quality chocolate of your choice

Method:

Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Place ove rmedium-high heat and stir until the mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat and stir
in the whole jar of peanut butter. Mix well.


Add corn flakes to a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over corn flakes and mix well, taking care to coat all the corn flakes.

With a tablespoon or cookie scoop, scoop out and form into 1/2 inch balls, depending on your preference, and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper.

Put the chocolate in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies.*

"When cooled, eat these cookies with reckless abandon. Be careful, though. We wouldn't want anyone to get hurt!" (Susan from SGCC)





*This really weirds me out: I read over this recipe twice before attempting it, as my mom had taught me. And still, when it came time to make them, I completely overlooked the chocolate drizzle step...now, this is pretty uncharacteristic as anyone who knows me can attest. Overlook chocolate? Omit applying chocolate on something---anything?

Listen carefully because you may never hear me say anything of this ilk again:
these cookies are so delicious and so rich that they couldn't be bettered---even by adding chocolate!! I know. Just typing that is making me a little
lightheaded...lights fading...room spinning 'round...later, taters.

**These may be unofficially named the Dog Poop Cookies by my kidlets since their father (my first husband and He Who Shall Not Be Named In This House) dubbed my standard chocolate-oatmeal no-bake The Litter Box Cookies. Yeah. He was a real riot.



One Big Out Of Focus Close-Up of The D.P. Cookie



No comments: